ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <JFernan...@viquity.com>
Subject RE: Lazy evaluation of custom taskdefs
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 19:13:35 GMT
Just to add to the comment here. The great job that Stefan has done also
allows people to define their on variants of the core tasks.

So for example if you want to add feature XXX to javac. You can now subclass
Javac.java, into mypackage.MyJavac and then just do:

  <taskdef name="javac" classname="mypackage.MyJavac">
   <classpath .../>
  </taskdef>

And voila' you have your own <javac> task with the features you want, and it
works with the out of the box ANT.

I think we should formalize this on the web site so that people that just
want a little change here and a little change there can just do it their onw
way.

Jose Alberto