ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <JFernan...@viquity.com>
Subject A new field for ANT
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 23:34:05 GMT
Up to now we have been using ANT for builds.

Now I am thinking on using ANT as a configuration and starter of
applications, in particular server/side apps that ussually need to run with
a large set of parameters and such.

The idea here is that ANT will prepere things appropriatelly and then just
call <java> with the correct arguments given the configuration. All running
on the same JVM and so on.

We may never return from this call (System.exit()).

One of the things it seem to be necessary is ways to create multiple
concurrent processes that work in the background, like starting
"rmiregistry" before starting the application, and so on.

Any ideas/concerns on how to do this, what would be needed, etc...

Jose Alberto