ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <JFernan...@viquity.com>
Subject RE: How to use compileTask
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 18:24:22 GMT

> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@bost.de]

>  JAF> Hi, I have a new task that builds as part of the same project in
>  JAF> which it is defined.
>
> Talking about my personal TODO list. One of the very first priorities
> is to make <compiletask> superfluous. Expect a patch to appear during
> next week that will allow you to do this without using undocumented
> features.
>
> Basically Ant won't die if it encounters an unknown task - only if you
> try to use it. <taskdef>s living inside of targets (or having a
> depends attribute) can then be used to achieve wgat you need.

We will also need a way to indicate that the task must be loaded from other
than ANTs classpath. In particular because ANTs classpath is usually fix in
the ANT script and will not include the added class. Maybe an additional
"classpath" inner element or attribute will solve the problem now that we
have classloaders.