ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <JFernan...@viquity.com>
Subject How to use compileTask
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 00:49:02 GMT
Hi, I have a new task that builds as part of the same project in which it is
defined.

So I try to use <compileTask> but had several surprises in the process:

1) Must declare <compileTask> in a <target> eventhough it is executed at
parsing time.
    I would have thought that this task would be used just like <taskdef>.

2) The destination directory for the task, seem to be required to exists and
there is no way to
    create it during compilation because the <mkdir> will not execute until
compile time.
    Which means that one needs to put the task in some "always existing
place" not clear how.

3) So I put it in $ANT_HOME/lib.

4) <compileTask> does not seem to declare the task, so I had to add
<taskdef> element,
    but now this taskdef cannot find the class for the task.

I would have thougt that one would have declared the <compileTask> in the
same place as <taskdef> and that the task would have declared the new task
(even is up to date) and know which classpath to use to get it, given the
destdir attribute in <compileTask>.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem would be appreciated.

Jose Alberto