ant-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Kolmodin <Michael.Kolmo...@frontec.se>
Subject Re: Remarks: file copy, subprojects, ant install
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2000 21:07:37 GMT
Actually, I think you are right about the merging issue - this
is quite a complicated task. It was definitely a mistake to
bring this issue to the table in this context ;-)

Making simple backup copies is another issue. This is simple and corresponds to
a need with is widely recognized, IMHO. Also, a simple way to copy a file if and
only if the destination doesn't exist is needed. Current solution with a
separate test +
property + target for each file is clumsy and generates code which is hard to
read.

--michael