ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: AW: dependency problem with javac task
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:05:18 GMT
At 02:46  19/9/00 +0200, you wrote:
>> Maybe it is enough to add a depend attribute that would trigger the
>> corresponding switches of javac (which is broken AFAIK) and jikes (a
>> patch for this has been submitted).
>
>Is there a switch in javac (or jikes) that can resolve this kind of problem?
>I haven't found one?

In jikes there is a full dependancy switch and a full dependancy including
jars switch. So what that means that it will try to do full dependancy
checking instead of simple checking file times and if it includes jars it
will also check if they are up to date with respect to source etc. I don't
use it but I hear it is good (I find it easier and faster to do a full
delete and recompile but I only got 180 files in my current project).

Cheers,

Pete