ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject RE: Couple of mods to <javac>
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 00:08:07 GMT
At 08:45  13/9/00 +1100, you wrote:
>Diane, I don't want to always be disagreeing with you, but I don't see what
>is the problem with the current output format. I think that when the tasks
>in a target produce some output, it is nice to have some whitespace before
>the next target. Perhaps if there is no output from the tasks, we could skip
>the blank lines. I have made a quick change which produces this output when
>building ant.
>
>Buildfile: build.xml
>prepare:
>check_for_optional_packages:
>compile:
>  [copydir] Copying 2 files to F:\Projects\Jakarta\build\ant\classes
>
>jar:
>      [jar] Building jar: F:\Projects\Jakarta\build\ant\lib\ant.jar
>
>main:
>javadocs:
>    [mkdir] Created dir: F:\Projects\Jakarta\build\ant\javadocs
>  [javadoc] Generating Javadoc
>

>Would that meet your needs?

how about a --quiet command line option that would produce something like

--------------------------------
compile:
  [copydir] Copying 2 files to F:\Projects\Jakarta\build\ant\classes

jar:
      [jar] Building jar: F:\Projects\Jakarta\build\ant\lib\ant.jar

javadocs:
    [mkdir] Created dir: F:\Projects\Jakarta\build\ant\javadocs
  [javadoc] Generating Javadoc

My main problem with it is that I customarily have about 10-20 targets and
when I do build majority output nothing (during a rebuild) but the output
scrolls of screen and I have to change windows and scroll
Cheers,

Pete