ant-dev mailing list archives

From Walker Joe <Joe.Wal...@barclaycard.co.uk>
Subject RE: Source code task
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:19:41 GMT

So the CVS task should accept action="diff" instead of
action="get-read-only", and then when other system can support the same
functionality they use the same.

>  WJ> It may be better to have provider specific config options since I
>  WJ> don't imagine there will be a good mapping here.
>
> Agreed.
>
> I think Conor is right pointing out that the several SCCS systems
> follow philosophies so different, it is hard to find a common
> interface.
>
> I'd say, let's name attributes that fill the same need the same - but
> this holds true for all tasks, how many ways do we have to name a
> destination directory? - but keep the actual implementations separate.

Totally agreed, that is all the table I posted was aiming at. I've been
persuaded that the common task idea is too hard.

Legal Disclaimer:-

Please be aware that messages sent over
the Internet may not be secure and should
not be seen as forming a legally binding
contract unless otherwise stated.