ant-dev mailing list archives

From Walker Joe <Joe.Wal...@barclaycard.co.uk>
Subject RE: Source code task
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:19:34 GMT

Maybe an example is called for:

I _think_ the following all do roughly the same.

  <cvs cvsRoot=":pserver:anoncvs@jakarta.apache.org:/home/"
    package="jakarta-ant"
    command="update -d -P -r 1.0"
    dest="."  />

  <vssget login="anon,secret" vsspath="$.home"
    localpath="." writable="false" version="1.0"/>

  <perforce command="sync"
    clientspec="//home/..."/>

However these could be written:

  <cvs action="get" recursive="true" version="1.0"
    server=":pserver:anoncvs@jakarta.apache.org:/home/"/>

  <vss action="get" recursive="true" version="1.0"
    server="anon,secret" project="$.home" ssdir="c:\vss"/>

  <perforce  action="get" recursive="true" version="1.0"
    server="//home/" project="home"/>

Or they could be written:

  <exec command="cvs update -d -P -r 1.0 ..."/>

etc.
Anyone understanding any one of the second set could swap to the others
fairly easily, and an in depth knowledge of the underlying scc system is
less called for.

Does that make more sense?

Joe.