ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject <echo>'s new output-to-file adds extra spaces
Date Sat, 30 Sep 2000 20:55:29 GMT
Using the new file attribute for <echo> along with the append, ends up
having the appended text shifted over from the margin. Given this target:

    <target name="testecho">
      <echo file="foofile">This is the initial text.
      </echo>
      <echo file="foofile" append="yes">This is additional text.
      </echo>
    </target>

Results in:
[binky] cat foofile
This is the initial text.
      This is additional text.
      [binky]

Note my system prompt is also shifted over. That's because (and is also
why the appended text is shifted), the initial <echo> to the file looks
like this (in 'vi' with :set list):

This is the initial text.$
      $

After the append, it looks like this:

This is the initial text.$
      This is additional text.$
      $

I tested FileWriter() to see if that was the extra-spaces culprit, but it
doesn't appear to be -- so I'm thinking maybe it's the way message is
being put together?

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)