ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problems with the javac task.
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2000 17:42:23 GMT
--- Peter Donald <pjdonald@cs.latrobe.edu.au> wrote:
> At 12:03  29/9/00 +0200, you wrote:
> >Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> >
> >If it is not possible to get ant to output the number of files
> >actually compiled, maybe the output should be something like:
> >
> >Found 2 source files for compilation
>
> good idea.

I agree. I have a <javac> task that says "Compiling 2 source files...", at
the end of which it's around 750 files that were actually compiled.

It's too bad the compilers don't offer a flag that says "Print out the
name of each source-file you actually compile".

BTW: I have been testing incrementals using jikes, and it does appear to
do the right thing, without doing anything special other than having the
depends option turned on. (Ie., if I make the type of change to a
source-file that should require other dependent files to recompile, jikes
does recompile those files, even when only having been handed off the
newer source-file.)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)