ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: Using {ex,in}cludesfile in <javac>
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2000 08:42:42 GMT
--- Stefan Bodewig <> wrote:
>  DH> Apparently, you can't reference property names in the
>  DH> {ex,in}cludes files.
> Yes, is this "limitation" to hard?

Nope -- just didn't know that was how it was supposed to be.

> The way I've looked at excludefiles is that they are a place for
> developers to place file names in without the need to touch (or even
> understand) the build file. ${} expansion might make this a lot more
> difficult to maintain for them.

> Are you using it to save keystrokes?

Nope -- just wasn't thinking it through well...  Been working on how to
get <javadoc> to go, so my brain's a bit muddled -- can't imagine what
it's going to do once I get to obfuscation. :(  Anyone up for writing a
hashjava task? :)

Speaking of weird tasks... anyone ever use InstallShield? -- think it
would lend itself to having an ant task for it?

Do You Yahoo!?