ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: the master build (was Re: martin fowler paper on continuous integration)
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 05:59:22 GMT
--- mpfoemme@ThoughtWorks.com wrote:
> Basically, our script runs a bunch of steps (checkout, build, run, test)
> which each generate XML reports, and then at the end we merge them all
> together to get a complete report. Then we have a servlet that serves up
> this XML using stylesheets, plus displays a list of previous builds and
> current build status. Ant can already generate an XML report

Being as new to XML as I am to Java, I'm not sure what all would be
involved in doing something like this, but having nightly build and test
results available on an internal web-page is something I'd be very
interested in finding out how to do. Is anyone currently doing something
like that, who'd be interested in sharing how they're doing it? Or, if
anyone has just the (semi-specific) outline of what it would take, I'd be
very interested in at least that much.

Thanks,
Diane

=====