ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Keeping a non-runtime-added classpath for compiles
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:53:23 GMT
--- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@bost.de> wrote:
>  DH> In Javac.java, there's a boolean, addRuntime, which is set true
>  DH> for jikes (which I use)
>
> This is there, because you need the runtime classes in the classpath
> to compile anything.

Not true. I've turned that off in my Javac.java, and my compiles work fine
that way -- in fact, it's the only way they can work if I run ant with a
java.exe other than the vcafe25 one (which I can't run ant with and still
be able to have subprojects that do compiles, and have them not get funky
on me).

> javac adds them itself while jikes doesn't -

Right, and I don't want jikes to -- or <javac> to always do it. I don't
have a problem with having it do that being the default -- I just need to
have don't-do-it be an available choice.

> In your case you don't really want to exclude the runtime classes but
> specify a different library of runtime classes than the ones Ant would
> add.

Nope -- I really, really, really can't have any of that in my compile
classpath. You just have to trust me on this. :)

But like I said, I'm willing to tweak my ant.jar whenever I pick up a new
one if it turns out no one else needs/wants the option on <javac> tasks to
turn off adding runtime.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)