ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant Main.java Project.java
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 23:20:08 GMT
--- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@bost.de> wrote:

>  PD> I mean can we trust that it won't cause any problems ?
>
> I tried to find possible problems, only thing I came up with is that
> Ant might invoke a build file it wasn't supposed to use (because the
> user's fingers slipped). Wouldn't consider that breaking older build
> environments though.

Do you mean that now, if I run:

 $ ant -f mybulid.xml  #instead of mybuild.xml (which I do all the time :)

and ant doesn't find that file (which it won't), it'll go off looking for
a plain old build.xml file instead, and run the default target of the
first one it finds? If that's the case (and I'm hoping it's not), that
sounds like it could get remarkably dangerous to me.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)