ant-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Sudell <asud...@Op.Net>
Subject task for native2ascii
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2000 01:58:47 GMT
Is there any interest in a task do wrap native2ascii?  I've built a
prototype and am more than willing to contribute it if there's
interest.

My notion is to require the input and output files, since stdin and
stdout don't seem to make much sense in the context of ant (or any
batch build).  I also figure to support encoding and reverse as
optional attributes.  So, for example

<native2ascii encoding="EUCJIS" src="SomeResoure.euc"
    dest="SomeResource_ja_JP.java" />

Would convert SomeResource.euc, in EUC encoded JIS to Ascii with
escaped Unicode creating SomeResource_ja_JP.java.

Creating a task for every file seems a bit tedious, but off hand
I don't see a good alternative, since to the relationship between
input and output are somewhat arbitrary.

I have a project at work that's presently using exec to do this,
and it seems like a reasonable thing to do this weekend it there's
interest.

Drew
--
    Drew Sudell        asudell@acm.org         http://www.op.net/~asudell