ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Handling interrupts
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 18:53:41 GMT
How does ant handle interrupts? Specifically, if I'm in the middle of a
long compile, and I decide to ctrl-c it, what happens to any classfile
that might have started being written out to? Since I can't see which
source file it's compiling at the time I interrupt it, I'm not sure if
it's cleaning up any (potential) partially written classfiles. Is that
something that ant will take care of cleaning up?

And what should happen to the compiler process? I have jikes processes
left in my process table after I do an interrupt during a long <javac>.
I'm running on an NT, under MKS -- would either of those, instead of ant,
be in control of what happens to the jikes process when interrupting its
run via ant?

Thanks,
Diane

=====