ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject RE: Defining task-specific properties - what "namespace" should I use?
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 19:03:44 GMT
--- Conor MacNeill <> wrote:
> What I had thought would work would be to define configurations for
> certain tasks
> <taskconfig task="javac">
> 	<attribute name="compiler" value="Jikes"/>
> 	<attribute name="pedantic" value="on"/>
> </taskconfig>
> Effectively these attributes would be set by default for the task when
> it is executed. They could then be overridden on a per-task basis. If
> you know that Jikes can't compile something, you could force a classic
> compile, etc.

I love this idea! I have this one source-file that, when I compile it
using the vcafe compiler (sj), doesn't get the run-time error I get when I
compile it with jikes (Register 4 contains wrong type. BTW: Wrong forum, I
know, but has anyone else ever hit that JVM error? I could really use a
pointer to what might be causing it). If we had this feature available, I
could have that one file get compiled with sj as a workaround until I
figure out what the problem is.

Do You Yahoo!?