ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: DirectoryScanner Optimization Question
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:12:02 GMT
--- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@bost.de> wrote:
> Well, the longest list of exclude patterns in any of my
> projects has something between 20 and 30 entries. While a Hashtable
> might be faster in theory I doubt you'd notice the difference.

I have 73 exclude names in one (it also has 30 include names) -- and I
haven't even gotten to putting together the really ugly compile target
yet. Doing the scan for the bulk of the source files to compile is what
takes the most time for me -- I've gotten it "down" to around 5 minutes,
but I know once I throw the other stuff in, it's going to go back up. It
seems to be slowest, the more full-path filenames you have in the
{ex,in}clude names. And there's nothing I can do about not having them be
full filenames, so I'm kind of stuck wrt how long my Ant build takes.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)