ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject <copyfile> gets NullPointerException
Date Sun, 10 Sep 2000 22:38:40 GMT
When you neglect to include a dest for <copyfile>, you get this:

java.lang.NullPointerException:
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Copyfile.execute(Copyfile.java:92)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:808)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:533)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:507)

Looks like it's missing a check for if destFile == null. (I don't see a
check for srcFile set either, so it'd probably do the same thing if you
neglected to set src.) This is latest source as of 9/10 (or at least it's
what came with the 9/10 tarball.)

(I've seen some people report bugs thru a bug-reporting system, but I'm
not sure what it is or how to use it, so this is the best I can do for now
-- sorry.)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)