ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Scotte Zinn" <sz...@patronix.com>
Subject FW: Question about warning message: file modified in the future
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:34:24 GMT
This should have gone to the developer mailing list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scotte Zinn [mailto:szinn@patronix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2000 8:58 PM
To: Ant User Mailing List (E-mail)
Subject: Question about warning message: file modified in the future

I'm running on a Win98 system and frequently (but not always) get this
warning message when I am compiling files in my build tree just after
copying them from my source tree.

The code generating the message (in Javac.java) is:

                if (srcFile.lastModified() > now) {
                    log("Warning: file modified in the future: " +
                        files[i], Project.MSG_WARN);
                }

I also remember reading somewhere that the Windows filesystem has an
accuracy of 2 seconds and I'm wondering it that is what is causing the error
message.  I don't know of any other way to cause this message to be
generated.

In any case, what is the purpose of having this message being displayed?

-- Scotte