ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Scotte Zinn" <sz...@patronix.com>
Subject Recent change to property handling and a bug?
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 00:09:51 GMT
I have the two tasks below.  Each runs the same Build.xml in an Ant Task,
differing on configuration within that Build.xml file.  Both targets get
executed as part of the same Ant invocation.

This worked up until syncing today with the recent changes to when
properties are expanded.  What I was expecting is that the properties
specified within the Ant task would be available in the nested Build.xml.
However, they don't seem to be.  That is, inside the nested invocation,
${basename} doesn't get expanded to anything.

I'm not sure if there is a bug here.  Can anyone answer this?

-- Scotte

    <!--
======================================================================= -->
    <!-- Build the DebugLib.jar
        -->
    <!--
======================================================================= -->
    <target name="DebugLib.DebugLib" depends="prepare">
        <ant antfile="${src.dir}/DebugLib/Build.xml" target="DebugLib">
            <property name="basename" value="DebugLib"/>
            <property name="compile.flag.debug" value="on"/>
            <property name="debug.flag" value="true"/>
        </ant>
    </target>

    <!--
======================================================================= -->
    <!-- Build the ReleaseLib.jar
        -->
    <!--
    <target name="DebugLib.ReleaseLib" depends="prepare">
        <ant antfile="${src.dir}/DebugLib/Build.xml" target="ReleaseLib">
            <property name="basename" value="ReleaseLib"/>
            <property name="compile.flag.debug" value="on"/>
            <property name="debug.flag" value="false"/>
        </ant>
    </target>