ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@seessle.de>
Subject Ant-Extension-Mechanism - Step 1
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:34:32 GMT
Before I go further I wanted to know if the following format for
Ant-Extension files (generated with the TaskLib-Task) is acceptable for you
all?

It currently will only support dynamic loading of task, no checking for
other required libs and so on.

As others suggested the usage of special ClassLoaders introduced in JDK 1.2+
and/or the usage of MANIFEST.MF, I just dropped these ideas, because (1) we
need to implement different behaviour depending of the JVM used (if we do it
our own we can always do the same) and (2) I don't think you can easyly (and
in a readable way) use MANIFEST.MF to do other things in the furure (check
for required libs and so on) - this must be why there is a WEB.XML instead
just using MANIFEST.MF :-)

Nico