ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@seessle.de>
Subject Re: Source code task
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2000 23:07:53 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Walker Joe" <Joe.Walker@barclaycard.co.uk>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 5:08 PM
Subject: RE: Source code task

> PROPOSED    VSS         CVS         StarTeam     P4
> action      writable    command     [implied]    [implied]
I don't understand the line above?

> recursive   recursive   [illegal]   recursion    recursive
> version     version     tag         [illegal]    version
In CVS it's not possible to get a file by version? (OK, it seems to be
called revision there :-) ) So tag should be on the same line as label I
think.

> Format of action attribute: [get|put|edit]

In VSS you need to checkout to edit a file, vssget (the get command) is
normally only used to get a file which you don't wich to edit. And I don't
understand for what an action-attribute set to 'edit' is good for?

Nico