ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@seessle.de>
Subject Re: Redirecting output and background processes
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2000 09:02:46 GMT
Some time ago there was a task named propertyFile which was submitted but never commited to
CVS. This task was able to write property-files and to (optionally) modify properties while
writing it (i.e. increment a build-number).

This task had the same problem teh echo task would have - it will do open/write/close sequence
foe every single line, and it would possibly even need an additional attribute append="true/false"
to make everyone happy.

I've modified the propertyFile-task because I had problems with it on WinNT (sometimes failed
to delete the file for unknown reasons, but worked immediately if only one write is done for
the file).

It will currently accept (for example) the following syntax:

    <propertyfile file="${build.inf}"
                  message="${COPYRIGHT.MESSAGE}\\\\Do not edit manually!">
       <entry key="product.version.major" type="int"  value="5"/>
       <entry key="product.version.minor" type="int"  value="0"/>
       <entry key="product.build.major"   type="int"  value="0" />
       <entry key="product.build.minor"   type="int"  operation="+" />
       <entry key="product.build.date"    type="date" operation="now" />
    </propertyfile>

Should I maybe resubmit this (after cleaning up the source)? Would be as an optional task
this time :-)

Nico