ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Ant-Extension-Mechanism - Step 1
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:28:19 GMT
Nico,

I have had a quick look at your post and I have a few questions.

I wonder if there is much advantage building a task library in ths way? Why
not just write the xml file directly and build a jar with it. It seems we
are writing some xml in an ant build file and then processing that into
different, but similar xml, for a task library. I'm not sure of the
advantages of that. Have I missed something? A task along the lines of
Stefan's war tsk may be more appropriate. It doesn't try to build the
deployment descriptor - it just assembles the war from a set of distributed
pieces.

You have put the deployment descriptor (I think that is a reasonable term
for this file) in META-INF. That is entirely reasonable but I am curous as
to why the servlet spec uses WEB-INF for wars?

Cheers
Conor