ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <>
Subject Inconsistencies?
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2000 17:48:01 GMT
While reading some source I found the following inconsistencies (as I

1. Property uses (if specified) all three ways of defining a property; in
the ant-task in reInit (seems to be used if ant is executed twice) the
behaviour is different - it uses the first of name/value, file,property if
they are specified all. Which behaviour is correct?

2. Conversion from String to boolean is done in severeal places (and in
different ways).
3.1 Should all occurences be changed to use Project.toBoolean()?
3.2 Should the behaviour of Project.toBoolean be changed so that it accepts
uppercase/lowercase/mixedcase and string with leading/trainling spaces?

Other occurences use for example

If only 3.1 is done this may break build-files in some cases.?

What do you think about these?

View raw message