ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@seessle.de>
Subject Re: Redirecting output of one (or more) tasks?
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2000 23:24:31 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@bost.de>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 3:43 PM
Subject: Re: Redirecting output of one (or more) tasks?

> I'd word this as "things we don't want to have in the core of Ant".

Since I can't think of a way to tell ant to accept a buildfile without
modifying the 'core' (as you mention youself a few lines down) this means
'no' doesn't it :-)

> I really don't feel like forcing my view of the world on everybody
> else, so if anybody wants to write a task that does loops, switch like
> constructs whatever, go ahead - in your private copy.

This is what I would not like to do (CVS on Windows can be hard :-) ), so I
would not do it at all.

> And with regard to logging on a task by task basis, I don't really
> think it needs a construct like this at all. We've had proposals for
> loglevel attributes (to temporarily switch to verbose logging) or
> logfile (to specify a logfile for a task). Don't you think, this could
> be solution number 3?

And how do/can I specify a logfile to a task? By adding an logfile-attribute
to Task itself or what would be the way to go?

Nico