ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@seessle.de>
Subject Re: conditional loading of properties files
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 07:46:19 GMT
Hi Julian,

Your example works for me as you would like it to work :-)

Can you tell us what Version of Ant (ant -version) are you using? This will
not work with older versions (works since 14./15. Sep.)

Try to run ant -verbose - it should tell you what is happening (and when).

Nico

----- Original Message -----
From: Julian M. Savage
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2000 5:08 AM
Subject: conditional loading of properties files

I'm wondering if there is any way to conditionally load a properties file.

I have two files, build.xml and test.properties in my example below, and as
you can see, while defining the property deploy prevents the echo from being
executed, it doesn't prevent the property file from being loaded, which is
somewhat counter-intuitive. Is this expected/required behaviour?