ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Couple of mods to <javac>
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:45:31 GMT

> > you can write your own logger
>
> I really don't need a whole different logger -- I just need that "lSep"
> taken out of line 153. :)
>
> > However I would like to see a quiter version of logger as
> > default too :P
>
> Cool -- that makes 2 votes in favor (if you count mine -- and if by
> quieter you mean less spaced out :)

Diane, I don't want to always be disagreeing with you, but I don't see what
is the problem with the current output format. I think that when the tasks
in a target produce some output, it is nice to have some whitespace before
the next target. Perhaps if there is no output from the tasks, we could skip
the blank lines. I have made a quick change which produces this output when
building ant.

Buildfile: build.xml
prepare:
check_for_optional_packages:
compile:
  [copydir] Copying 2 files to F:\Projects\Jakarta\build\ant\classes

jar:
      [jar] Building jar: F:\Projects\Jakarta\build\ant\lib\ant.jar

main:
javadocs:
    [mkdir] Created dir: F:\Projects\Jakarta\build\ant\javadocs
  [javadoc] Generating Javadoc

Would that meet your needs?

Conor