ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <>
Subject Re: A Todo filter
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 06:40:09 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason van Zyl" <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 7:36 AM
Subject: Re: A Todo filter

> > I don't know what to think of the javadoc-style tags. It makes me
> > wonder if doclets couldn't be used to implement it, though maybe
> > that only works with doc comments? If I used the tags I'd like to
> > be able to define my own fields. For example, here it would be
> > nice to be able to supply the corresponding bug id for Bugzilla
> > when there is one.
> I'd like to keep it really simple right now. Gather ideas
> and make something in an couple of hours that produces
> something useful. I need to make a BIG TODO list very
> soon :)

You know of and
s ?

Even Generators for C++
( and
Delphi (

I dont't know if this is required to work with JDK 1.1, but in theory you
should be able to use different/future tools if something like @todo is
used. (although the priority is missing from sun's proposal, maybe you
should tell them to include that :-) ). But I don't know if Javadoc is fast
enough? Last time I tried performance seems to be very bad (back in early

Oh, I don't know if Javadoc will parse these comments if they don't belong
to a class? Would make it impossible to add todo-comments to single lines of
source then.

Just wanted to be sure you know Sun has thought about it also.

View raw message