ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@seessle.de>
Subject Re: Ant-Extension-Mechanism - Step 1
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:24:02 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Donald" <donaldp@mad.scientist.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2000 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: Ant-Extension-Mechanism - Step 1

> * you implement your own outputter - is that just so you can use any
> arbitary xml-parser ?

Much simpler... I copied that part from XmlLogger.java :-)

> * There is no way to include task documentation. As yet Ant doesn't have
> any standard format thou I assume in future it will go to a stylebook type
> formaty and thus it would be nice to do something like

And one could add something like description="" to tasks so one could do
ant -listtasks to show what tasks are available to ant and what they may do
for you.

I don't know if it is better to make this mechanism do "all we can need at
once" or just start with a "simple" extension-machanism and add other
features later? The first will possibly not make it into Ant 1.2 as people
are crying for a release, the second one could do it.

Nico