ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@seessle.de>
Subject Re: Redirecting output and background processes
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2000 09:50:35 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@bost.de>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: Redirecting output and background processes

>  NS> Some time ago there was a task named propertyFile which was
>  NS> submitted but never commited to CVS.
>
> I think what Jose Alberto wants would be a generalized version of this
> and <echo> would be the place to go. It could create any kind of text
> file (possibly with a single write BTW):
>
> <echo file="${build.inf}"><![CDATA[
> ${COPYRIGHT.MESSAGE}
> Do not edit manually!
> product.version.major=5
> ]]></echo>
>
> Stefan

Ok, but it will not work to store information between build, wouldn't it?

For Example
- increment property in property-file
- read properties from file
- do something

most likely it will work again if I use scripting?
- read properties from file
- increment property by one using script
- set property ignoring it's already set in the project
- write properties to file

So I could live with that :-)

By the way, what do you think of an extension to target to allow if=""
contain something like "javascript:${myprop}== 'true'"? (Only accepting this
syntax if BSF is present)? I believe noone will like it :-)

Nico