ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@seessle.de>
Subject Re: Problems with the javac task.
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:30:04 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Nordlund" <peter.nordlund@lentus.se>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2000 11:16 AM
Subject: Problems with the javac task.

> Hi all,
>
> I had some serious problems when compiling some code.
>
> I had quite a lot of broken code which didnt compile that
> I was about to merge with some other stuff ................
>
> I also had at least SOME code that compiled in the same tree.
>
> When I used jdk 1.3.0 from ibm I got NOTHING output in my
> destination directory. When I switched to jdk 1.2.2 from sun
> I got the working files output to the destination directory as expected.
> I didnt manage to create a small example which illustrates the behaviour
> described above.
> Has anyone got a clue to what is going on?

If you use the -verbose or -debug switch when calling ant you should get a
listing of what files ant considers for compilation and what the commandline
used for compilation looks like

If I point my JDK 1.3 (on Windows) to the java-files you included it will
compile A.class and B.class iff the directory where the java-files are in
are included in the class-path. So in general I would expect Ant to compile
class A and B in your scenario.

Nico