ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Source code task
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2000 12:04:33 GMT
Hmmm,

I think we are beginning to see that it will not be easy to arrive at a
common interface to the various source code control tools. If the mapping is
not obvious and there are so many mismatches, I wonder what benefit we get
by having such a common interface. It is apparent that while the tools
provide similar functionality at a high level they do so quite differently
at a detail level. Perhaps distinct tasks is the way to go.

Also I am not sure why, if we are trying to achive a common interface we do
not want a pluggable implementation approach?

Conor