ant-dev mailing list archives

From be...@netscape.com (Patrick Beard)
Subject Re: JavaCVS with compatable license ????
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2000 05:52:16 GMT
At 8:39 AM -0700 8/1/00, Patrick Beard wrote:
>At 11:16 AM -0400 8/1/2000, Matthew Kuperus Heun wrote:
>>Greetings:
>>
>>Has anyone looked at jCVS?  Not sure of the license.  It's 1.1 compatible.
>>
>>http://www.trustice.com/java/jcvs/index.shtml
>
>I've looked at it. It's not really set up to be a programmer
>callable library, and doesn't provide any sort of command line
>interface. The one at
>
>http://javacvs.netbeans.org/library/index.html
>
>does provide a command line, but has some minor dependencies on
>Java2 collection classes (List, LinkedList, Iterator which are in
>collections.jar), and new methods in java.io.File (createNewFile,
>getParentFile,isHidden and listFiles). I haven't been able to run it
>all the way through, but it looks fairly complete. I'm going to hack
>it to use my own subclass of File that implements these methods.

I've made these changes, but it seems that this client is pretty
immature/incomplete. I've already got a client of my own that
implements cvs log, status, diff, so I am going to continue working
on it. I've been working purely from the protocol specification
document.

- Patrick
--

// Patrick C. Beard
// Java Runtime Enthusiast -- "Will invoke interfaces for food."