ant-dev mailing list archives

From be...@netscape.com (Patrick Beard)
Subject Re: JavaCVS with compatable license ????
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 15:39:21 GMT
At 11:16 AM -0400 8/1/2000, Matthew Kuperus Heun wrote:
>Greetings:
>
>Has anyone looked at jCVS?  Not sure of the license.  It's 1.1 compatible.
>
>http://www.trustice.com/java/jcvs/index.shtml

I've looked at it. It's not really set up to be a programmer callable
library, and doesn't provide any sort of command line interface. The
one at

http://javacvs.netbeans.org/library/index.html

does provide a command line, but has some minor dependencies on Java2
collection classes (List, LinkedList, Iterator which are in
collections.jar), and new methods in java.io.File (createNewFile,
getParentFile,isHidden and listFiles). I haven't been able to run it
all the way through, but it looks fairly complete. I'm going to hack
it to use my own subclass of File that implements these methods.

- Patrick
--

// Patrick C. Beard
// Java Runtime Enthusiast -- "Will invoke interfaces for food."