ant-dev mailing list archives

From be...@netscape.com (Patrick Beard)
Subject Re: cvs java client inside ant
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2000 21:19:57 GMT
At 3:03 PM -0500 8/25/00, Gene Margolin wrote:
>Now ant uses exec function to call cvs. Sometimes it does not work properly.
>Is it a good idea to insert ant's own cvs java client instead of calling
>Runtime.exec(cvs)?

Yes, it's a great idea. I've been working on one, but would be happy
to know if there are better ones out there. The protocol is kind of
weird. I've used jCVS before, but have had a few problems with it.
Obviously, for ant, we'd just want a non-UI based CVS client.

- Patrick
--

// Patrick C. Beard
// Java Runtime Enthusiast -- "Will invoke interfaces for food."