ant-dev mailing list archives

From be...@netscape.com (Patrick Beard)
Subject Re: Extending ant from within ant
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 06:33:31 GMT
At 3:50 PM +1000 8/1/00, Peter Donald wrote:
>At 10:43  31/7/00 -0700, you wrote:
>  >Another idea I'd like to explore is using Rhino JavaScript (big
>>surprise) to provide scripting within a build.xml file. We could then
>>define additional tasks dynamically in terms of scripts. Much of the
>>currently built-in tasks could be recast in terms of scripts, where
>>appropriate.
>
>actually that is already possible. The BSF is used in script task to offer
>said functionality.

Great. I've been trying to obtain BSF, but see no way to download all
of the source at once! The current web pages at

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/bsf/

don't describe how to access the repository directly from CVS.

Looking forward to using BSF.

- Patrick
--

// Patrick C. Beard
// Java Runtime Enthusiast -- "Will invoke interfaces for food."