ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: DDCreator Tasks Seems Broken
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2000 08:25:28 GMT

 CM> translateLine is intended to break the command line into separate
 CM> components. It takes a pretty Unix centric view of the world
 CM> allowing you to quote arguments using ' and " and then use \ as
 CM> an escape character for those quote characters. I'll try to make
 CM> it a little more Windows friendly.

Ouch! Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

It was intended to accept command lines like you would use them on Unix
or DOS and tokenize them into individual arguments. Of course I didn't
think about \ characters used for anything other than quoting ' or " -
an oversight you've corrected with your patch, thanks.

Stefan