ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: FTP & JSPC
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 12:21:33 GMT

 WJ> I've not seen anything and I guess that java.net.URL is not up to
 WJ> the job so it would mean using some other FTP classes, which
 WJ> maybe why it's not been done already.

Yes - Get will work on FTP URLs but there is no corresponding PUT (one
for HTTP using WebDAV would be nice as well).

 WJ> I'm tempted to write this but it must have been debated before?

Usually on the "if I find time or urgently need it ..." level. Go
ahead 8^).

 WJ> I'm also tempted to write something to call tomcat's jspc
 WJ> process. Anyone tried this?

There have at least been two people around here who asked for
it. Haven't seen any implementations yet.

Stefan