ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Including other antfiles
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 06:56:30 GMT

 JAF> The only meaningful thing in my opinion is for properties in the
 JAF> subproject to supercede any properties of the same name in the
 JAF> calling project, except for those properties mentioned within
 JAF> the calling <ant> task.

This opinion seems to be shared by a lot of people and I tend to
agree, but would add properties the user has defined by command line
parameters to the list of properties that should supersede sub project
properties. This way I can make sure -Djava.compiler=jikes will use
Jikes on all sub projects as well.

I think if we should make properties mutable again (maybe with some
restrictions, this is something I really want to dig into after my
vacation), we get exactly this behavior - just make sure properties
that have been "user" properties in the parent get copied into the new
project as "user" properties as well.

Stefan