ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: [Req] Wildcard classpath inclusion mechanism
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2000 09:29:24 GMT

 SR> It would be really useful if this facility were built into ant so
 SR> that classpath could take a path of the form "lib/*.jar" etc.

Each task that supports a nested Path element of any kind can do so
now, for example

<javac ...>
  <classpath>
    <pathelement location="somefile" />
    <pathelement path="somepredefinedpath" />

    <fileset dir="lib">
      <include name="**/*.jar" />
    </fileset>

    <pathelement location="somefile" />
  </classpath>
</javac>

The resulting CLASSPATH will keep ordered the same way you've put the
nested elements into the classpath element. Order of the JARs inside
lib with respect to each other is undefined.

I won't get this documented cleanly this week but need to do so next
week - as I'm leaving for vacation after that.

Stefan