ant-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Sutherland <sut...@ncs.com>
Subject Weblogic 5.1.0, xml4j and jaxp won't play nice...
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 21:53:15 GMT
I've been attempting to automate the creation of deployable jar files
for EJB's used by our current project and have run into a situation
where weblogic and jaxp won't play nice together.

If anyone has experienced the following and developed a ant based
work-around I would greatly appreciate hearing your solution...

The problem manifests itself as a ClassCastException when
weblogic.ejbc is executing on the 'generic' jar file.

Here are the actual exception and stack trace:

AccountBean:
    [javac] Compiling 3 source files to D:\usr\src\pd2.1\AccountEJB\classes
  [copydir] Copying 2 files to D:\usr\src\pd2.1\AccountEJB\classes\META-INF
      [jar] Building jar: D:\usr\src\pd2.1\AccountEJB\account-generic.jar
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.xml.tree.TextNode
        at weblogic.xml.dom.DOMUtils.getOptionalElementsByTagName(DOMUtils.java:204)
        at weblogic.xml.dom.DOMUtils.getOptionalElementByTagName(DOMUtils.java:170)
        at weblogic.xml.dom.DOMUtils.getOptionalValueByTagName(DOMUtils.java:97)
        at weblogic.ejb.deployment.dd.EJBReadDOM.getDescriptionValue(EJBReadDOM.java:404)
        at weblogic.ejb.deployment.dd.DescriptorLoader.createDeploymentUnit(DescriptorLoader.java:200)
        at weblogic.ejbc.runBody(ejbc.java:299)
        at weblogic.utils.compiler.Tool.run(Tool.java:80)
        at weblogic.ejbc.main(ejbc.java:353)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ExecuteJava.execute(ExecuteJava.java:97)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.run(Java.java:243)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.executeJava(Java.java:123)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.execute(Java.java:90)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:720)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:451)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:425)
ERROR: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.xml.tree.TextNode

The problem is associated with conflicts between JAXP and xml4j... I
can execute weblogic.ejbc from the command line if I change the class
path to exclude JAXP jars, but then ant will not run until I add them
back.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

--
Scott Sutherland                          National Computer Systems
(319) 354-9200                        Measurement Services Division

  "Coding in windows is sort of like writing a biography about a
  person who won't tell you anything about themselves." - jheart8