ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/ejb DescriptorHandler.java EJBDeploymentTool.java GenericDeploymentTool.java WeblogicDeploymentTool.java EjbJar.java
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2000 14:59:31 GMT

 CM> Let me know what you think about this approach.

First of all, I'm afraid it won't work, createWeblogic needs to return
WeblogicDeploymentTool instead of EJBDeploymentTool.

IntrospectionHelper looks at the formal return type of the createXXX
methods and doesn't actually call it to look at the Object
returned. As EJBDeploymentTool doesn't have any setter, create or add
methods, the nested <weblogic> element doesn't have any attributes or
nested elements - from IntrospectionHelper's point of view.

Other than that:

This is the same approach as you could have it for javac, something
like

<javac>
  <jikes ... />
  <classic ... />
  <modern ... />
</javac>

which would be an improvement over the build.compiler.*
properties.

You just need to be very careful that all the nested elements are
represented by classes everybody can compile and you will have to add
a createXXX method to the generic class for each implementation
around.

We can explore this road a little and see where it leads us though, it
can't be worse than adding ejb.jar.* properties in the same manner we
do for javac. Your approach works out for the scenarios I can come up
with and I don't have a better idea at hand.

Stefan