ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Fennell" <tfe...@rcn.com>
Subject RE: Weblogic 5.1.0, xml4j and jaxp won't play nice...
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2000 01:29:42 GMT
I've come up against this too, and concurr. It should work fine if you put the
weblogic jars/dirs in the classpath ahead of parser.jar. It would appear that
WebLogic's tools request a jaxp compliant parser, but then try to downcast some
of the DOM objects returned to more specific classes. The downcast only works
with the xml4j parser.  Tsk tsk.

-t

-----Original Message-----
From: Rod McChesney [mailto:rodm@expressaction.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 17:56
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Weblogic 5.1.0, xml4j and jaxp won't play nice...

Did you try putting the WebLogic stuff first on the classpath? We're
doing this here (I just switched over to ant 3 days ago) and it works
OK despite the potential conflict.

Rod

Scott Sutherland wrote:

> I've been attempting to automate the creation of deployable jar files
> for EJB's used by our current project and have run into a situation
> where weblogic and jaxp won't play nice together.
>
> If anyone has experienced the following and developed a ant based
> work-around I would greatly appreciate hearing your solution...
>
> The problem manifests itself as a ClassCastException when
> weblogic.ejbc is executing on the 'generic' jar file.
>
> Here are the actual exception and stack trace:
>
> AccountBean:
>     [javac] Compiling 3 source files to D:\usr\src\pd2.1\AccountEJB\classes
>   [copydir] Copying 2 files to D:\usr\src\pd2.1\AccountEJB\classes\META-INF
>       [jar] Building jar: D:\usr\src\pd2.1\AccountEJB\account-generic.jar
> java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.xml.tree.TextNode
>         at
weblogic.xml.dom.DOMUtils.getOptionalElementsByTagName(DOMUtils.java:204)
>         at
weblogic.xml.dom.DOMUtils.getOptionalElementByTagName(DOMUtils.java:170)
>         at
weblogic.xml.dom.DOMUtils.getOptionalValueByTagName(DOMUtils.java:97)
>         at
weblogic.ejb.deployment.dd.EJBReadDOM.getDescriptionValue(EJBReadDOM.java:404)
>         at
weblogic.ejb.deployment.dd.DescriptorLoader.createDeploymentUnit(DescriptorLoade
r.java:200)
>         at weblogic.ejbc.runBody(ejbc.java:299)
>         at weblogic.utils.compiler.Tool.run(Tool.java:80)
>         at weblogic.ejbc.main(ejbc.java:353)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ExecuteJava.execute(ExecuteJava.java:97)