ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Houston Chan" <HoustonC...@molasia.com>
Subject Re: Would/Can Property's override be configable insteads of hardcode?
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2000 08:39:05 GMT

thanks :).

sorry to have miss the debate, but do we have any mailing-list archive for
reference ?

I expected "properties" should acts like variables in make or shell script,
but
only find that it can only carry one value.

Thanks ant,
Houston

                    Peter Donald

                    <donaldp@mad.scie        To:     ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org

                    ntist.com>               cc:

                                             Subject:     Re: Would/Can Property's override

                    08/04/00 12:19 PM        be configable insteads of hardcode?

                    Please respond to

                    ant-dev

At 11:55  4/8/00 +0800, you wrote:
>Would/Can Property's override be configable insteads of hardcode?

debate about this raged on dev list a while back. I think the consensus was
that everything gets moved to interpretation time rather than parse time. I
don't know what the opinion was on overiding properties but I believe
people wanted to overide them.

It should be resolved in next release :P

Cheers,

Pete