ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike McCune" <mcc...@angami.com>
Subject RE: Jikes on Windows NT
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2000 17:12:02 GMT
I'll give it a shot today.  I was off the ant list for a while so I'm a little behind the times
as far as releases go (don't fix
what isn't broken :-) )..

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Hodgetts [mailto:paulh@zzyzxtek.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 9:25 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Jikes on Windows NT

Mike McCune wrote:

 > Attached is a patched version of the Javac.java file from the 3.1
release version. The only changes that I made were to the

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

 > I'd love to see you try the current CVS version instead. The patch -
 > which has been added after Ant 1.1 - is supposed to enable jikes
 > compilation for an arbitrary number of files at once (even on
 > Windows).

It works great with 480 source files on WinNT.

I was going to suggest using the nightly build instead as well,
since it has this Jikes patch as well as a lot of other fixes.
I've found it to be plenty stable, so I wouldn't really consider
it a risk over the last released version.  We've been using the
Ant nightly builds (refreshed about once a week) to do our own
production builds for almost two months without incident.

Paul