ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Martin <jeff.mar...@synamic.co.uk>
Subject RE: FTP & JSPC
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 12:47:35 GMT
I tried it a week or to ago and got a message back to the affect that put
wasn't supported by the implementation of the ftp protocol.

There are ftp utils out there for Java but I don't think any of them have
compatible licenses so there no much good here.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Donald [mailto:donaldp@mad.scientist.com]
Sent: 01 August 2000 13:41
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: FTP & JSPC

At 02:21  1/8/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Yes - Get will work on FTP URLs but there is no corresponding PUT (one
>for HTTP using WebDAV would be nice as well).

put is possible in normal jdk (has been since at least early 1.1).
Basically you set up URL do a getConnection, change the header parameter
that specifies method (I can't remember of hand - thout you can list em to
figure it out) and then open output stream. Done :P.

I believe that this is not possible with ftp thou I could be wrong (ie I
haven't checke3d in ages but I failed to do it once and wrote my own ftp
code).

Cheers,

Pete