ant-dev mailing list archives

From Eric VanLydegraf <er...@kinzan.com>
Subject RE: Cascading build.xml files
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 00:51:26 GMT
Looks good to me, but I would point out that the properties for the
subproject
are not conditional on the location in the file or target. What I've
discovered (I've setup something similar to what you describe in your file)
is that <property ... /> is processed before the targets no matter where in
the file. So unless you specify subproject unique properties they will get
ignored later on in the same file or in subprojects. Something to keep in
mind.

    <target name="SubProject1" depends="prepare">
        <ant antfile="${src.dir}/SubProject1/Build.xml"
target="SubProject1">
            <!-- Property definitions here to pass to the subproject -->

        </ant>
    </target>